01 September 2007

Things Australian

I didn't expect the Vegemite to be such a hit - but I'm sure you don't have any thick soft white plastic bread to put it onto. I'm looking forward to when we can visit so that I can try some of the yummy goodies that you have been having for breakfast.

Yesterday morning I spied a Koala making his way across from the mangoes to the old growth grove in the cow paddock and managed to take a rather distant photo of him for Lily and Jasper.
If you look closely you can just see him going under the fence. Just for comparison I have included another we took a couple of years ago. And - how about all the water in the dam? and it's so much greener than it was two weeks ago.




Before the rain the wallabies were very active around the garden and I managed to take one of the alpha male just before he raised the alarm and dashed off.

Lily's next jumper is coming on really well and looks great. I am much happier with it than I am with the blue one. I have put Jasper's aside until I finish this one.

We have really been coasting along for the last six weeks or so but the time has come for us to start to get all the after harvest work done, so today we start on the mulching, then the pruning and more fertilizing. I'll have to see if I can get a photo of Grandad on the tractor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi gran

I liked the wallaby and the koala and that's all!

Love Lily