08 September 2007

The garden club

Recently I have been encouraged to enter parts of the garden in the local garden club competition, and I finally succumbed and entered in two categories, Australian native flowering shrub, and a flowering vine.
Because the weather has been so cold and dry this winter the flowers were all a bit slow appearing but there were enough there to see.
The powder puff lilly pilly looked pretty good really, in fact good enough for me to win second prize! The flower heads are about the size of a grapefruit. I was stunned and really quite pleased.



The wisteria which looks great now didn't have enough flowers on it to be prize worthy.


I mustn't get too carried away though as both Margaret and Wendy also received prizes for areas of their gardens which are far more impressive than ours.
So now I have to think about what I can enter next year, maybe the vegie garden?

3 comments:

Penny said...

Wow, congratulations! What was your prize? A ribbon or something else

:)

Rosebank Magic said...

A pennant! and $15.00 cash. I've already spent it on some more plants.
I've been out with friends this afternoon visiting some of the 'champion' gardens and I see that I still have some room for improvement.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.