07 August 2007

Chooks

Hello Lily and Jasper
I have just been down collecting the eggs and I thought to myself, wouldn't it be a good idea if I took some photos for you of how the chooks are now.

So the first photo I took was of Reg the rooster.
Just behind him is Mother Hen and Locky.

Then I took one of Cocky, hasn't she grown into a lovely big hen. She lays beautiful big white eggs. She's eating some grain, and the container in the middle of the ring has shell grit in it. That is to make their egg shells strong, otherwise they would break when you pick them up.

And last of all is Locky, She is the whitey, gingery coloured one at the back, she's very pretty. The other hen doesn't belong to us, we are just looking after her for Doug and Martha. Locky's eggs are brown and Grandad really enjoys having a boiled brown egg for breakfast.

Lily, I think the names you chose for the kookaburras are really good. Etienne really suits the boy kookaburra as his feathers look as though they are standing to attention on the top of his head and attention rhymes with Etienne. I haven't seen Chloe for a couple of days so maybe she is off making a nest somewhere. I'll watch out for her and tell you in the next blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Gran! This is Lily typing (with the help of dad)...

Have you seen Chloe yet?